Application Deadline: 11 September 2018
How to apply: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV/resume and brief cover letter or e-mail introducing yourself with the subject line: Assistant Manager
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Start Date: 1 October 2018
About the Company
Duomo Hotel & Suites is located in a quiet environment of Mbuya, offering the finest modern residential luxury hotels and apartments for your business, family, and vacation.
Monitor and supervise all staff to ensure day-to-day hotel operations are running smoothly and exceeding guest satisfaction goals.
- Occupy the hotel lobby and other public areas, particularly at busy times.
- Engage guests in conversation and provide general assistance.
- Manage, record, and resolve promptly all guest complaints.
- Meet and greet VIP guests and major corporate clients upon arrival.
- Coordinate the services and special facilities provided to long-stay guests.
- Understand all credit procedures and ensure they are applied.
- Stay current with all hotel products, services, policies and emergency procedures.
- Monitor guest satisfaction reports and implement actions to improve results.
- Handle, record and follow through with management issues or emergencies that arise.
- To supervise the Front Office Team in their work, ensuring maximum performance, good time keeping and ensuring they are displaying company behaviors at all times.
- Brief the team at the beginning of each shift about the reservation situation, any special arrivals, VIPs, special occasions, and functions in the hotel.
- Inspect guest rooms, public areas, pool, etc. after being cleaned by housekeeper to ensure quality standards.
- Run sold room reports, verify room status, determine discrepant rooms, prioritize room cleaning, and update status of departing guest rooms.
- Assist Housekeeping Management in managing daily activities.
- Act as a liaison to coordinate the efforts of Housekeeping, Front Office, and Laundry.
- Document and resolve issues with discrepant rooms with the Front Desk.
- Prepare, distribute, and communicate changes in assignment sheets.
- Complete required paperwork.
- Assist management in hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, counseling, disciplining, and motivating and coaching employees.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional.
Other Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Authority: Duty Manager has authority to direct and discipline staff in accordance to Hotel policies and procedures.
- Responsibility: The Duty Manager’s role is to accommodate and satisfy the requirements of the hotel guests and to ensure the hotel capacities and its standard of service are maintained at all high levels, and to act on behalf of the hotel’s senior management when required.
- Customer Service: Duty Manager has time to mingle with hotel guests, and greets farewell VIPs; maintains contact with long staying guests, ensuring every complaint is taken care of in a timely manner.
- Human Resources: To check performance of hotel staff, staff discipline and attire and take immediate discreet action if required or advise department head for disciplinary action to be taken in immediate future when needed. Act as back up for all departments.
- Business Management: Duty Manager maintains good product knowledge, familiar with ongoing hotel status and activities. Finds out new and more efficient ways to achieve hotel goals. Represents the GM as license in the absence of senior management to correct defects on hotel services brought up to accurately represent the hotel's policies and procedures at all times.
- Asset Management: Duty Manager must conduct through inspection of all the hotel area and take on the spot action to advise concern of designated department head in order to save power and energy.
- Hotel Representative: At all times while representing the hotels, act in professional, decorous manner ensuring an extremely high standard of performance and appearance.
- Security: Assist the security department to investigate all incidents, safety and security that may occur within the hotel premises.