Application Deadline: 14th July, 2017
How to apply: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV/resume and brief cover letter or email introducing yourself with the subject line: BAP Branch Manager
Location: Gulu, Uganda
Start Date: July 2017
About the Company
BAP Finance is delivering the products and services to rural farmers to unlock potentials and propel communities forward. To catalyze farmers to realize their potential BAP Finance offers asset financing directly to the BoP. Our first product, a bicycle, connects farmers to market and other basic life needs. Our portfolio is growing with new assets that push upward mobility. We’re dedicated to serving farmers who are financially excluded and yet need access to assets on credit.
We are a social driven business. We’re committed to our impact and the farming customers we serve, but we see the need for business opportunities in community development. To date we’ve disbursed over 2,000 loans and are focused on another 1,000 in the coming twelve months.
About the Position
As Branch Manager, you will have responsibility over our growing team, portfolio, and product range. You will directly manage 7-12 credit and marketing officers, ensure a strong portfolio of 500-1,000 asset leases, and work directly with the Operations Director and CEO on high level strategy and portfolio growth. You will work out of BAP’s HQ, located in Gulu, Uganda.
Key responsibilities include:
Team and portfolio management (70%):
- Evaluate credit worthiness and risk during group, client, and loan approval processes.
- Pull and analyse portfolio reports to evaluate client and Loan Officer performance.
- Supervise and train a growing team of field personnel (consisting of Loan Officers, Relationship Officer, Operations Associate, and Fellows).
- Continually evaluate team to see where to invest in developing staff and fill gaps with internal and external trainings.
- Create and manage team and individual targets on a continuous basis.
- Travel regularly to the field to monitor activities, manage team, and meet with customers.
Strategy and Product Development (15%):
- Work with Operations Director to set and manage quarterly goals to match annual priorities.
- Assist in designing and executing on new products to add to the portfolio.
- Create and adjust staffing plans for pilot periods of new product testing.
Customer Relations (15%):
- Analyse company customer relations and how to improve service for current and new customers.
- Brainstorm and draft procedures for customer engagement, among both active and inactive customers.
Who we’re looking for
- You have at least five to seven years working in credit.
- Your credit experience should fall within two out of the three buckets: rural customers, farmer finance, or microfinance.
- You have at least two years of direct management experience, including hiring and overseeing performance management over time.
- You have a degree from a recognized university in finance, business or a related field.
- You are willing and eager to work non-traditional business hours to ensure targets are met.
- You have a strong familiarity with loan databases.
- You either speak Acholi or are willing to quickly learn.
- You are fast-paced and efficient
- You are hungry to learn, surpass targets, and move fast up in your career
- You are able to quickly adapt when plans change
- You embody our values of integrity, boldness, humility, hunger, accessibility, and solution oriented.
- You are able to work with a diverse and global team.
You will work out of our office in Gulu. Expect to spend about 25-40% of your time in the field. Compensation is competitive and benefits include health insurance, professional development, airtime, and a signing bonus.
As Branch Manager, you report to the Operations Director and directly manage a team of 7-12 field personnel, including Loan Officers and Relationship Officers.
Why work with BAP?
- We are growing quickly and as Branch Manager you will lead the front of this growth, taking our team and products to a whole new level.
- At BAP Finance, we are constantly seeking to build the best company. This means we take your feedback seriously and you can see your individual efforts in improved procedures.
- While our team is result-oriented, we also have a lot of fun. We enjoy team meals and lots of laughter.