business development Associate
How to apply: Email email@example.com with your CV/resume and brief email introducing yourself with the subject line: Business Development Associate
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Start Date: July 2017
About the Company
Ubuntu Capital grows Africa’s strongest and most reputable small businesses through our digital marketing and payment solutions, designed specifically for SMEs in urban emerging markets. Ubuntu Capital envisions a different type of economy for Africa. They envision robust, resilient local markets driven by trust, transparency, and meritocracy. With such an economy, Ubuntu Capital believes, affords the best chance of decreasing poverty through equitable, sustainable growth.
About the Position
Ubuntu Capital an early-stage for-profit social venture is seeking a results oriented Business Development Manager. This position will focus on business development, operations and marketing, and reporting to the Product Manager.
- Source, recruit and on-board new service providers who fulfill or exceed our standards of excellent, high-quality service provision.
- Support on-boarding and ongoing engagement of service provider base.
- Brainstorm and foster advantageous local partnerships, focusing on relationships that could assist with product marketing, product validation, or company funding.
Customer Service Operations
- Provide end-to-end transactional support for our customers.
- Update and utilize Ubuntu’s customer relationship management (CRM) system – Zoho.
- Design processes for customer questions, concerns, or problems. Ensure that every customer feels well-cared for. Translate any common concerns into their implication for product design or changes.
- Based on customer habits and feedback, advise on, prioritize and, together with the Product Development Team, execute all product alterations, automations, and additions.
- Craft strategy for acquisition of local customer base which includes: initial target customers, supportive marketing materials, social media strategy, etc.
- Revisit and refine Ubuntu Capital’s branding and marketing strategy, including target market, channel prioritization, and branding / content.
Key qualifications and skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field.
- Two (2) years minimum work experience, ideally in business development, sales, marketing, entrepreneurship, or a similar field.
- Proven ability to strategize, organize, and deliver a customized, targeted sales pitch to a broad spectrum of potential customers.
- A strong desire to work in an early-stage, for-profit social venture
- A “roll-up-your sleeves” attitude coupled with adaptability and flexibility
- A passion for our mission of bringing transparency and access to informal economies within emerging markets
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent intuition
- Uncommonly strong problem-solving, creative, and analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Structured thinking
- Ability to work independently with limited oversight; self-motivated; strong self-management skills
- A strong sense of humor (finding yourself amusing qualifies)
- Game for learning whatever else the job requires!
Timing: Hiring will be completed on a rolling basis until the position(s) are filled. Thus, we recommend that those interested apply sooner rather than later.
Compensation: Compensation will be commensurate with experience level and expertise. Benefits will include: flexible vacation, flexible hours, and significant work autonomy.