Business development officer
Deadline: 9 February 2018
How to apply: email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV/resume and brief email introducing yourself with the subject line: Business Development Officer
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
About the Company
Montego is an independent diversified natural resources company. Montego applies skill, market intelligence and entrepreneurial resources to everything it does. The company acts responsibly, focusing on the long-term and investing in assets, infrastructure and relationships. By employing local nationals, Montego builds strong relationships with local communities. As Montego expands operations into Uganda, the company is looking for an individual who can achieve revenue targets and build sustainable client relationships.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
The Business Development Officer reports to the Head of Business Development and is responsible for the following:
- Support the Head of Business Development to develop and implement Montego’s business development strategy and business plan.
- Maintain and grow the company’s current and potential clients by developing winning proposals on company products/service offerings.
- Develop and manage long-term customer relationships via written and verbal communication channels.
- Participate in prospective client engagements and other related meetings, focusing on meeting the ‘right’ managers to push forward any proposed business initiatives and proposals. Ensure regular, timely and professional follow-ups.
- Deliver any relevant business case presentations for various prospective clients alongside the Head of BD or Supervisor, establishing how a product meets client needs.
- Regularly update relevant business development and marketing materials ensuring accuracy, consistency and professionalism. Regularly share resources, documents, and intelligence with the BD and other departments.
- Engage in market research to identify new opportunities for the business.
- Develop innovative strategies for retaining clients; this includes undertaking interviews in order to get feedback and incorporate it into the growth plan.
- Support/maintain all prospective customer data in the company database and use the information contained therein for prospective customer and partner interactions.
- Prepare and compile progress reports and submit to the Supervisor.
- Support the preparation of the department’s annual budget and track expenses relating to the budget.
- Carry out any other task that may be assigned to team by Management.
Key Competencies & Behavioral Expectations:
- Business and Commercial knowledge
- Relationship Management - excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Presentation and Engagement skills
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- High level of integrity
Key Dimensions & Metrics:
- Business intelligence
- Client and prospect database
- Marketing and research
- Revenue target
- Submission of and proposals won
- Customer base
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics or a related field
- Must have at least 1-year work experience in a B2B role, with strong networking skills