Chief commercial officer
Application Deadline: Rolling
How to apply: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV/resume and brief cover letter or email introducing yourself with the subject line: CCO - Jumia
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Start Date: November 2017
Jumia is Africa's leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
Founded in 2012, Jumia's mission is to revolutionize the concept of shopping by providing customers with the best online shopping experience through a wide range of products categories including mobiles & tablets, computers, electronics, home & living, fashion, sports, health & beauty, grocery and others.
Africa is one of the fastest growing economies in the world, offering excellent opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. Its economic growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Jumia steps in.
We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey.
The Chief Commercial Officer will be responsible for leading the company sales performance and have direct oversight of all commercial activities in the country, including in particular Vendor Acquisition, Vendor Management & Category Development. Ensuring sharp execution of the centrally defined improvements/routines, participating to their refinement through the collection of detailed customer/vendor feedbacks, and leading country related specific projects to reach those objectives.
Main responsibilities include:
- Setting the commercial strategy of the department (sales targets, target categories/segments to unlock, target key suppliers, target number of suppliers to onboard .. etc)
- Managing a team in charge of vendor acquisition, vendor management, sourcing operations and content management
- Scaling the team and processes to support the growth of the company
- Recruiting adequate profiles to join the team
- Meeting key vendors and suppliers to negotiate partnerships, contracts and service level agreements.
- Ensuring regular and quality reporting of team actions and results
- Strong experience (minimum >6 years) in a consumer good company, retail or equivalent
- Strong local knowledge and deep understanding of business environment
- Strong negotiation skills
- Hands on & results oriented
- Well organized
- Capacity to challenge and improve processes
- Ability to identify new business opportunities
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders
Compensation & Benefit Package: Competitive and commensurate with experience.