Chief Marketing Officer
Application Deadline: 28 March 2018
How to apply: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV/resume and brief cover letter introducing yourself with the subject line: Chief Marketing Officer
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
About the Company
Motorcycle taxis are immensely popular and serve as the lifeblood of many cities in Africa, but they are extremely unsafe and disorganized. SafeBoda is on a mission to make motorcycle taxis (bodas) more safe, affordable, and convenient across Sub-Saharan Africa—while providing a more meaningful and lucrative career for drivers.
SafeBoda is growing fast in Kampala and expanding to new cities rapidly. We are focused on attracting more customer and drivers to meet this goal.
SafeBoda is looking for a CMO to head customer acquisition for SafeBoda. You will help ensure we’re the most innovative company in the transportation space in East Africa. The ideal candidate will have both strong marketing and customer acquisition experience and a start-up mentality. You will work closely with the senior leadership team of the company and will play a pivotal role in shaping the company’s future.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Deliver SafeBoda’s customer acquisition strategy - drive downloads, usage and retention of the SafeBoda app.
- Be the gatekeeper of the SafeBoda brand - lead campaign planning, advertising creative and growth driver planning to make SafeBoda the most loved brand in Uganda.
- Proactively identify opportunities to grow SafeBoda’s brand awareness, both online and offline, presence and with media outlets and assist in telling our story, working and work to enhance SafeBoda presence and appeal within the city.
- Design and develop cross-channel customer growth programs, both above and below the line, to improve activation, retention and loyalty.
- Lead the promotional agenda, understanding efficiency and efficacy vs other growth drivers.
- Lead the Customer Care team, managing seamless communication between Product and Operations teams to deliver best in class customer care.
- Coordinate with C-level management on the strategy to acquire customers and build a great brand in the city and across other geographies.
- Daily trips
- Customer retention rate
- Customer acquisition cost & ROI of marketing activities
- Brand awareness, equity scores and NPS
- Have at least eight years professional experience, with strong knowledge of marketing and branding. This could be either working as a client or agency.
- Experience leading a team and motivating people.
- Proven analytical, business planning, and management skills - exhibit the ability to navigate ambiguity, juggle multiple tasks, think independently and problem solve like a boss.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent storytelling skills, you’re a gifted writer with a strong creative eye - you’re able to tell the stories and create ads that you know will appeal to our customers and partners, and you do so in a compelling way to build our brand.
- Have a commercial mindset, be able to analyse data and marketing analytics to make informed investment decisions and to report on the effectiveness and efficiency of growth drivers- be confident using Excel to collect, analyse and present sets of data. Be comfortable presenting to senior stakeholders.
- Be well connected, you know who the cool cats are and how to get our app in their hands.
- Become a SafeBoda super-user - love the product and be a passionate believer in our mission to modernise and professionalise the boda industry.
- Strong academic performance with at a minimum a completed Bachelor/Undergraduate degree with excellent grades.