Community Outreach Specialist
Application Deadline: 30 July 2018
How to apply: Email email@example.com with your CV/resume(including at least two references) and brief cover letter or email introducing yourself with the subject line: Community Outreach Specialist
Location: Nakuwadde, Bulenga, Uganda
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
About the Company
Action in Africa strives to Educate, Inspire, and Empower people in Uganda by focusing on education and community development. Their goal is to provide sustained education, allowing individuals to reach their untapped potential and incite economic growth by becoming the next leaders, innovators, and entrepreneurs in their country.
Action in Africa are searching for a caring, experienced social worker to provide case management support and advocacy for children and adults of the Nakuwadde community. Working hours are: Monday-Friday from the hours of 10:00am-7:00pm.
As a Community Outreach Specialist you will be responsible for:
- Conducting home visits with all students and women who attend programming at The Center. Keeping well documented notes of all meetings and home visits. Providing follow up support and subsequent visits as needed.
- Communicating regularly with children’s parents and providing a safe, loving environment where children feel comfortable expressing needs and concerns.
- Liaising with the LC chairman and local schools to ensure children’s needs are being met.
- Communicating regularly with Action in Africa staff to ensure management is updated on current happenings and the well-being of community members.
- Advocating for the overall wellbeing of all individuals.
- Maintaining appropriate levels of confidentiality and treating individuals with respect at all times.
- Attending meetings when required.
- Other duties as requested.
Key Qualifications & Skills
- Must have a bachelor’s degree, preferably in social work, counseling or a related field.
- Must have at least two years of work experience working as a Social Worker, Counselor or in a related field.
- Must be comfortable with children - experience working with children with special needs an asset.
- Must be comfortable speaking in English and Luganda, and working on a computer.
- Must be dependable, responsible, and organized.
- Must be a self-starter who is willing to take initiative and can work independently.
- Must have a positive attitude and strong work ethic.