Field Operator Manager
Application Deadline: 7 July 2018
How to apply: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV/resume and brief cover letter or e-mailintroducing yourself with the subject line: Field Operator Manager
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
About the Company
ARED is a startup company that has developed a business in the box solution by delivering critically needed services such as charging small electronics using solar energy, electronic vouchers such as airtime, mobile money, prepaid electricity and internet/intranet while creating green jobs that address high unemployment at the BOP.
If you are looking for an innovative company that deals in technology with a social impact focus, ARED is your perfect candidate. We have embarked upon a quest to revolutionize the delivery of key services for people in rural and semi-urban areas while creating green businesses along the way. Talented, skilled executers and problem solvers are who we are looking for.
The field operator will be in charge of recruiting, training and monitoring of the micro franchisee on the ground to maximize performance sales for ARED and the micro franchisee.
Skills & Responsibilities:
- In-depth knowledge of recruitment, monitoring, key locations to implement solar kiosk, a good understanding of the Uganda market. Great understanding of customer service, products/service & delivery channels, processes and the operating business environment with strong management skills.
- Results-driven with an exceptional work ethic and commitment to deliver great results within a highly competitive and rapidly changing environment, someone who can think outside the box.
- Can deliver an excellent operational performance, process improvement to align with customer service expectations whilst ensuring cost optimization and maintaining compliance to operating standards and service-level agreements.
- Strong ethical background with a professional commitment and responsibility as well as an excellent attitude to deal with diverse teams with ability to build highly motivated & focused teams. Also possess a highly communicative outlook and enhanced leadership skills with adaptability to changing situations aim to achieve execution excellence.
- Driving the achievement and developing strategy on recruiting, training and monitoring micro franchisees across Uganda by talking to different cooperative, monitoring micro franchisee to follow and update all KPI’s. Achieve the goal of 600 to 800 micro franchisees in the two-year period.
- Overall management and monitoring of the entire kiosk put in place recruiting, training, regulation, monitoring and repossession process framework from the ground up.
- Driving the tactical execution recruitment, training, and monitoring and KPI’s put in place.
- Effective/efficient management of the micro franchisee and team involvement.
- Put together the framework on documentation for recruitment process, training process, and monitoring process, using KPI’s to monitor for the micro franchisees.
- Ensure transactions are processed in the built ecosystem.
- Coordinate and attend market day activations to boost sales in account under supervision.
- Come up with strategies to have government officers approving and understand ARED value in the region under supervision.
- Ensure key stakeholder engagement in the region to enhance ARED credibility in the region.
ARED is looking for someone with at least two years’ experience in the field, good knowledge of the different cooperatives and a good knowledge of the countries in which ARED operates, and has some training experience. Finally, we need someone that can think outside the box, great organizational skills and good reporting skills.
Candidate must be located in the area of operation.
- Minimum of a bachelor degree in related field.
- A university degree in Business Administration – Commerce, Marketing, Management, Finance, Accounting, HR, IT or related field.
- Strong IT skills.
- Knowledge of ARED services offered.
- Customer care ethics.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Core job competencies for ARED field operators:
- The candidate should be living in the region for at least the past two years.
- Experience in local government and security service might be a plus.
- Experience in territory management, mobility (owning a car or bike and/or having a driving license).
- Able to work with minimum supervision (Self driven worker).
- Market Intelligence and Customer-centric.
- Negotiation skills and presentation skills.
- The candidate should be a business strategist and Financial/ IT-literate.