finance & Administration Manager
Deadline: 5 October, 2017
How to apply: Email email@example.com with your CV/resume and brief email introducing yourself with the subject line: Finance & Administration Manager
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
About the Company:
World Wild Ltd will be a revolutionary force in the coffee industry, disrupting the traditional business model by selling quality coffee from the birthplace of coffee directly to the end consumer world wide through a strong, rebellious and fun African brand.
World Wild Ltd will target the quality conscious consumer who is looking for products with a unique story that also offer increased benefits for the poor.
World Wild Ltd is a startup formed in Kampala. We are now looking to hire the first key members for our A Team, to help the company grow into a strong player in our industry. Our goal is to build one of the strongest brands in Africa.
The Finance & Administration Manager will be one of the most important members of our A Team. We are looking for a person with an entrepreneurial spirit, with a strong passion for coffee as well as for starting a new brand. The position offers the possibility of being in charge of building a strong company from scratch.
The Finance & Administration Manager will be responsible for efficiently running World Wild Ltd’s back-office operations and its administrative systems, and for controlling and managing its financial and human resources, in order to contribute to the delivery of the company’s overall artistic and commercial objectives.
As an important member of the senior leadership team, this manager will play a critical role in strategic decision making and operations as World Wild Ltd goes on a journey from startup to established brand. This is a tremendous opportunity for an ambitious finance and operations leader to play a key part in the creation of a well-respected, high-impact organization.
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting materials for all company documents and grants accounting.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the finance committee of the board of directors; assess any changes necessary.
- Oversee and lead quarterly and annual budgeting and planning processes in conjunction with the Managing Director; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes; and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
- Implement a robust contracts management and financial management/reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual.
- Responsible for the monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports.
- Conducts quarterly budget reviews vis-a- vis expenditure and advises operational departments.
- Assist in developing a transparent, ethical business model according to company values, and transparantly report on operations and coffee payments to our customers.
Administration, Human Resources and Technology
- Build and lead a growing team of staff into a unified, strong and passionate team.
- Further develop World Wild Ltd’s human resources and administration, enhancing professional development, compensation and benefits, performance evaluation, training, and recruiting.
- Ensure that recruiting processes are consistent and streamlined.
- Work closely and transparently with all external partners including consultants.
- Oversee administrative functions as well as facilities to ensure efficient and consistent operations as the organization scales.
- Make sure World Wild Ltd is able to run a modern, digital and paperless business, using the best software and online tools fluently and effectively. Have all staff using the necessary tools for operations , management and planning etc
Key requirements and skills
- A bachelor’s degree from a recognized university in Commerce/Finance/Business Administration.
- Professional qualifications in accounting (including but not limited to ACCA, CPA among others)
- Minimum 5 years work experience in a similar field.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Confirmed team leadership and communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills, especially in spreadsheets and business management software.
- Confirmed analytical skills.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a great team player.
Compensation: Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience and level of expertise.