Global Delivery Channels Manager
Application Deadline: 30 June, 2017
How to apply : Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV/resume and brief email introducing yourself with the subject line: Global Delivery Channels Manager
Location: Kampala, Uganda or Nairobi, Kenya (up to 70% travel)
FINCA Impact Finance is a global provider of responsible financial services and aims to achieve massive financial inclusion in challenging markets around the world. For low income women and men who need access to responsible and affordable financial services, FINCA Impact Finance’s network of 21 community-based banks offers finance products that empower people to take control of their financial future. FINCA Impact Finance is leveraging the power of technology to put financial power in the hands or around the corner from our customers, no matter where they live. With 30 years of experience and a global staff of over 10,000, FINCA Impact Finance delivers a double bottom line of profitability and social impact.
The Global Delivery Channels Manager will oversee the development of alternative delivery channels for microfinance products and services in FINCA; with a hands-on approach and a focus on operationalizing new concepts and supporting the implementation of projects until they go live.
In cooperation with FINCA’s Global Digital Financial Services (DFS) Strategy Manager and other DFS specialists and external consultants, the Global Delivery Channels Manager (GDCM) will identify innovations regarding financial services for low income customers using both fixed and mobile technologies with a focus on POS and Mobile Phones. Then the GDCM will define implementation strategies for new delivery channels projects and will benchmark best practices among FINCA Subsidiaries globally running agent networks and mobile financial services.
A major part of his or her success will come through the guidance of those country staff in a conflict free manner, while providing them with an expert level of overall management.
The GDCM will oversee from his steering committee position that relationships between the FINCA subsidiaries and strategic partners – MNOs, aggregators, third party agent networks- are operationally well integrated and working together as a single system.
The intent of this role is to provide global level expertise to ensure that each country business delivers appropriate results. The success of the role will be measured through the business success in each Subsidiary.
- Ensure each Subsidiary develops a profitable business strategy for the alternative delivery channels that optimizes FINCA’s position in its target market.
- Ensures that the alternative delivery channels strategy is embedded into the overall business strategies of the Subsidiary and in the Subsidiary’s organization overall.
- Support the Subsidiaries in formulating objectives and targets for uptake and usage of alternative delivery channels (e.g. number of users, volume of and value of transactions) and agree these with the businesses.
- Assist each Subsidiary in documented approval for an overall Business Plan related to Alternative Delivery Channels, taking into account the financial, operational, legal, technical and commercial dimensions of the activity.
- Support each Subsidiary with the formulation of annual budget targets through an understanding and analysis of each channel’s cost and revenue potential, linked to specific products and customer segments.
- Identify the key resources in order to implement the proposed strategy, both internal and external.
- Be current on relevant factors and trends determining the development of alternative delivery channels globally and in FINCA’s global markets.
- Communicate the approved business strategy among involved business units in FINCA, especially operational and technical staff and managers.
Commercialization of Alternative Delivery Channels
- Support the subsidiaries to achieve desired scale and profitability in alternative delivery channels, according to each of their business strategies.
- Support each Subsidiary MFS business to achieve projected targets for uptake and usage of alternative delivery channels, including number of users, volume and value of transactions.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to drive usage of alternative delivery channels through design and marketing of services, including promotional campaigns with the aim of attracting and retaining customers.
- Ensure a high quality and standard customer experience, including look and feel, timeliness and quality of services provided to end-users through alternative delivery channels (and, as appropriate, to agents).
- Together with the Subsidiary Delivery Channels Steering Committees ensure an effective and well-controlled implementation and deployment of the alternative delivery channels activities in each of the Subsidiaries.
- Together with the Regional and the Country Risk Managers, ensure that new alternative delivery channels businesses operate within the level of risk appetite approved by the Subsidiary’s Board.
- Engage with relevant managers and HR personnel to identify training needs of front and back-office staff related to ACD.
- Together with HR, develop and implement training activities at Subsidiary levels.
- Together with designated security, IT and compliance staff, ensure that each of the businesses develops, documents and implements policies and procedures to minimize or eliminate opportunities for fraud.
- Work with compliance staff (internal controls, audit, etc.) in order to ensure adherence to policies and procedures.
- Periodically evaluate the quality and adequacy of said policies and procedures.
- Ensure the integration of alternative delivery channels into all the relevant routine business functions of FINCA, including IT, operations, etc.
- Advanced Degree in relevant field (banking, business, finance, or IT).
- Commercial orientation and strategic planning
- Detailed understanding of IT processes supporting mobile financial services.
- Operation of alternative delivery channels.
- Sales and marketing (desired).
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to influence decision makers from a role of technical and business expertise.
- Ability to interface with partners and staff.
- French language skills would be considered a plus
- Previous senior-level experience in banking or payment systems.
- Active role in the development and implementation of Alternative Delivery Channels.
- Familiarity with microfinance (preferred, not required).
Key Relationships: Subsidiary Management Boards and Steering Committees, Hub team of experts, MNO executives.
Location: The preferred locations will be Uganda, or Tanzania, or Malawi, or Zambia.
Travel Requirements: Availability to travel 70% of the time
Physical Demands: Ability to travel in economy class when traveling by air or rail.
Compensation & Benefit Package: Competitive and commensurate with experience.