Head of COmmercial
Application Deadline: 6 April 2018
How to apply: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV/resume and brief e-mail introducing yourself with the subject line: Head of Commercial
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
About the Company
Motorcycle taxis are immensely popular and serve as the lifeblood of many cities in Africa, but they are extremely unsafe and disorganized. SafeBoda is on a mission to make motorcycle taxis (bodas) more safe, affordable, and convenient across Sub-Saharan Africa—while providing a more meaningful and lucrative career for drivers.
SafeBoda is on a fast track trajectory and expanding its operations in East Africa. We have an exciting team which includes ex-boda drivers, highly creative marketers and the best software engineers in the region - our diversity and open-mindedness allows us to constantly innovate and build a beautiful product.
SafeBoda is seeking a Head of Commercial to find innovative ways to monetize the SafeBoda platform and build new business verticals. You will help ensure we're the most innovative company in the transportation space in East Africa. The ideal candidate will have both strong sales and customer acquisition experience and a start-up mentality. You will work closely with the senior leadership team of the company and will play a pivotal role in shaping the company's future.
- Deliver new business verticals for SafeBoda - drive usage of new services and retention of customers using the SafeBoda platform, for example, errands, shop & delivery.
- Proactively identify opportunities to grow SafeBoda's business.
- Design and develop acquisition initiatives, both above and below the line, to improve activation, retention and loyalty of new verticals on the SafeBoda platform.
- Lead the SafeBoda for Business Unit and find ways to acquire new customers and increase use by existing businesses.
- Coordinate with C-level management on the strategy to acquire customers for new business and support in the building of a great brand in the city and across other geographies.
- Daily completed requests on the SafeBoda App across new verticals (errand, shop & delivery)
- Customer & Business Retention Rate
- SafeBoda for Business Daily Trips
- Number of SafeBoda for Business signed up and active
- Have at least 6 years professional experience, with strong knowledge of sales and customer acquisition. Start-up experience is a plus.
- Experience leading a team and motivating people.
- Highly proactive and creative in finding new business opportunities.
- Have a commercial mindset, be able to analyse data and marketing analytics to make informed investment decisions and to report on the effectiveness and efficiency of growth drivers- be confident using Excel to collect, analyse and present sets of data. Be comfortable presenting to senior stakeholders.
- Proven analytical, business planning, and management skills - exhibit the ability to navigate ambiguity, juggle multiple tasks, think independently and problem solve like a boss.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Become a SafeBoda super-user - love the product and be a passionate believer in our mission to modernise and professionalise the boda industry.
- Strong academic performance with at a minimum a completed Bachelor/Undergraduate degree with excellent grades.