Head of coordination
Application Deadline: 25th July, 2017
How to apply: Email email@example.com your CV/resume and brief cover letter or email introducing yourself with the subject line: Head of Coordination
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Start Date: July 2017
About the Company
Be Forward is a Japanese based car exporter which exports cars to over 32 countries around the world. It is one of the largest used car exporters in the world. Be Forward offers the best quality, low-mileage vehicle to the world at an affordable price. With over 150,000 satisfied customers since the company started in 2004, Be Forward has become the leading name in the used
Through the partnership between Uganda based Cadam Enterprises and Be Forward we provide ‘City Delivery services’. City Delivery services offer the customer an all-inclusive service which compounds the price of vehicle purchase, freight, transport, insurance all the way to the destination city. We have a clearing desk within Cadam enterprises which swiftly assesses local taxes and gets vehicle on the road in the shortest possible time. car export market.
The Head of Coordination is a key position responsible for ensuring timely delivery of BeForward / Cadam’s vehicles to their clients. This position will manage the BeForward / Cadam’s supply chain, working with regional offices and partners to clear vehicles through the Port of Mombasa, and ensure delivery to BeForward / Cadam’s distribution centers in Uganda and South Sudan. The Head of Coordination will also participate in sales activity, selling Cadam’s clearing services to end-customers in need of vehicle clearing services, and channel partners such as car dealerships.
- Manage, execute and provide guidance on inbound logistics management in compliance with regulatory guidelines taxation, clearing and other relevant regulations.
- Develop logistics plans and strategies, maintain and manage a direct relationship with the bond team
- Maintain and manage a direct relationship with respective regulatory authorities such as Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) and customs handling services to enhance business efficiency
- Review and establish the integrity of import documentation such as Bills of Lading, commercial invoices and packing lists etc and store them appropriately for future reference.
- Work closely with the sales team
- Liaising with Clearing Agents
- Develop and maintain a strong relationship with the team's top customers.
- Build a healthy and strong relationship with internal stakeholders to help resolve and attend to top customers; issues smoothly and promptly.
- Ensure capturing the opportunities for cross selling and up selling to increase revenue.
- Manage and improve customer retention on individual and team level.
- Ensure best sales practices to meet customer needs and expectations and capitalize on growth.
- Ensure to represent Be forward in a professional manner at all times.
- Increase customer loyalty by offering added value services or customized solutions to cater to the customer needs as and when needed.
- Meeting targets and conducting annual reviews for direct reports.
- Monitor and enhance overall team members' performance.
- Increase cross selling and up selling opportunities.
- Work closely with team members to achieve targets.
- Liaise with logistic, tax, clearing and other service providers to ensure smooth movement
The successful candidate should possess the following:
- A degree/ diploma in Business Administration or related field.
- Experience in a supply chain or logistics role especially in the logistics or courier industry.
- Experience in a sales or business development role is also plus
- Supply chain expert, with amazing attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Critical thinking skills: you must be able to think quickly, often solving problems as they arise.
- Proactive, anticipating problems or delays before they happen
- Organizational skills: You will need to do many things at once, keep track of your time, keep to a budget and keep tabs on multiple projects.
- Highly effective communication skills – both oral and written.
- Highly developed teamwork skills – ability to work with others and embrace team work.
- Ability to lead in an environment of constant change.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- You are able to travel to field by motorcycle
- You are fast-‐‑paced and efficient
- You have high level of integrity
- You are able to work independently in an unstructured environment where systems and processes are built everyday
Compensation & Benefit Package: Competitive and commensurate with experience. Incentive pay for cross-selling activities.