Head of Finance & Administration
Application Deadline: 9 March 2018
How to apply: Email email@example.com with your CV/resume and brief cover letter introducing yourself with the subject line: Head of Finance & Administration
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
About the Company
Village Power’s core focus is to empower people in Uganda to improve their standard of living by building a last mile-customer centric distribution & service network that provides great value for money solar home systems, appliances and services to people mainly in rural areas.
The Head of Finance & Administration will play the very important role of ensuring real-time financial data and reports to enable internal decision-making processes, external receivables financing, and regulatory compliance in order to improve the overall portfolio health of the company. The duty station for this role is at head office in Kampala, although one may be required to travel upcountry from time to time. This Function is part of the Village Power Uganda management team.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Budgeting, reporting, controlling, forecasting and overall financial management to advise support and inform decisions at all levels.
- Develop and ensure customer centric finance policies and procedures.
- Provide the organization with an efficient administrative framework & tools.
- Oversight for credit management and the Pay-as-you-go platform
- Responsible for statutory compliance.
- Audit management.
- Procurement & Importation management.
- Management & development of a team that includes, Accountants, Credit Specialist, IT, Receptionist, and Administrative Assistants.
Key Competencies, Skills & Attributes
- A qualified finance professional with proven management experience of at least 5 years, plus an understanding of the above essential duties & responsibilities.
- Certification in a professional course such as ACCA or CPA.
- Knowledge of accounting software, preferably quick books.
- Pro-activeness, ability to prioritize, work under pressure, and take day to day decisions on the running of the company.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex financial data and information to non-financial expertise.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Solar industry and/or micro-finance knowledge would be an advantage.
- One with no shame in owning one suit.