Inventory & Logistics Manager
Application Deadline: 28 February 2018
How to apply: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV/resume and brief cover letter or email introducing yourself with the subject line: Inventory & Logistics Manager
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Start Date: March 2018
About the Company
BrightLife, a FINCA International company, is a social enterprise which combines innovative financing, community networks, and the highest quality clean energy brands to improve lives for the BOP and unlock the productive potential of Ugandans. BrightLife actively seeks out the best-in-class renewable energy products from both proven and up-and-coming brands. Our product line includes a growing range of solar home systems, entry-level solar lights, solar appliances, and clean cook stoves which can be purchased in pay-as-you-go installments, and are sold through a network of direct sales agents, community networks, and strategically selected distribution partners.
BrightLife is uniquely linked to the FINCA International family of social enterprises, which includes 21 financial institutions across four world regions and more than 30 years of experience in reaching underserved communities and individuals. FINCA’s financial service operations in Africa span DR Congo, Malawi, Nigeria, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia.
BrightLife is looking for an energetic, experienced individual skilled in importation, national logistics, after-sales support, inventory management and supply chain management to oversee BrightLife’s national operations.
As Inventory and Logistics Manager you will be responsible for:
- Strategic planning and operational performance: Drive the success and efficiency of the sales team and Customer Experience department through strategic planning, process design, execution, and performance analysis for operations, logistics and inventory management.
- Supply chain and logistics management: Enable business growth through maintaining an efficient operations infrastructure including supply chain management, importation, warehousing, product movement and distribution at a national level through 3PL or direct
- Inventory management: Deploy systems to effectively and accurately manage and monitor inventory levels, rates of sale, inventory aging, and optimal (data-driven) inventory allocation for various SKUs and points of sale or distribution partners / dealers.
- Enabling environment for growth: Shape the growth of the company by creating national distribution and service coverage for B2B and B2C sales, through partnership with one or more national retail networks
- After-sales services and customer satisfaction: Design, execute and continuously improve BrightLife’s after-sales service delivery and systems (installation, repairs, quality assurance, warranty claims, etc.). Ensure a great experience for both B2B and B2C customers through planning, well-managed logistics and distribution, and an excellent after-sales service network
- Monitoring, reporting and optimization: Use data and process analysis, best practices and market insights to continuously increase efficiency, improve controls, reduce operational waste and improve the customer experience.
- Effective communication: Interface with the sales and finance departments for stock requests, planning and reconciliation. Serve as a support for the finance team for regular reporting, and liaise with the call center and customer insights team to support fast follow-up on after-sales services or to provide feedback from customer engagements and after sales requests.
Key Qualifications & Skills
- At least four years of experience in logistics and operational management, preferably as a senior manager in a rapidly growing business.
- Degree-holder, ideally in a related field such as business administration, procurement, and supply chain or logistics management. Finance and accounting skills are a plus.
- Possess sound knowledge and experience in general management, business planning, and the development and execution of processes.
- Proficiency in inventory management software, QuickBooks or similar accounting software, Excel, or statistical database software highly desired.
- International experience, especially within Uganda or other African markets and around operational experiences in logistics, sales or services in a B2C and B2B context would be preferable.
- Demonstrated experience as a skilled negotiator and relationship builder, especially with suppliers, manufacturers and governmental entities such as URA (Uganda Revenue Authority) and UNBS (Uganda National Bureau of Standards).
- Fluency in Luganda or another widely-spoken local language highly desired.
- A systematic, structured and reliable worker.
- Enterprising, with an aptitude for innovation and bringing creative solutions to big challenges.
- Demonstrated track record of business acumen, logistics and operational management.
- A decisive and emotionally intelligent leader with strong communication skills and the ability to create a culture of excellence, teamwork and inclusion within your department.
- Understands the needs of a growing social enterprise, with willingness and ability to perform duties beyond the scope of work.
- Strong fit to BrightLife’s values, and committed to furthering FINCA’s mission and vision.