Application Deadline: 14th July, 2017
How to apply: Email firstname.lastname@example.org your CV/resume and brief cover letter or email introducing yourself with the subject line: BAP Branch Manager
Location: Gulu, Uganda
Start Date: July 2017
About the Company
BAP Finance is delivering the products and services to rural farmers to unlock potentials and propel communities forward. To catalyze farmers to realize their potential BAP Finance offers asset financing directly to the BoP. Our first product, a bicycle, connects farmers to market and other basic life needs. Our portfolio is growing with new assets that push upward mobility. We’re dedicated to serving farmers who are financially excluded and yet need access to assets on credit.
We are a social driven business. We’re committed to our impact and the farming customers we serve, but we see the need for business opportunities in community development. To date we’ve disbursed over 2,000 loans and are focused on another 1,000 in the coming twelve months.
Job summary & key responsibilities include:
As a Loan Officer, you will have the overall responsibility to ensure a high-quality loan profile.
Your responsibilities will include:
Applications and Appraisals of clients:
- Evaluate credit worthiness of individuals using the individual application and appraisal
- Act as investigator to determine client’s capacity to pay for loan
- Make recommendation to Credit Manager on loan applicants
- Coordinating logistics of loan disbursements
- Manage portfolio of 15-‐‑20 groups
- Call group executives three days before payment dates
- Ensure and enforce attendance of groups at loan repayments
- Ensure repayment schedules, group receipts, and passbooks are up to date
Monitoring Defaulting Clients:
- Follow up with clients who miss payments starting from the day they miss
- Maintain and update loan records as well as other client or group documents
- Write all necessary loan reports
- Photocopying, data entry, and answering phone calls as necessary
- Other tasks as deemed necessary by supervisor
Who we’re looking for
- Senior Loan Officer possess at least two years’ experience with a credit institution, preference given to those with experience with MFI
- For Junior Loan Officer position, you have at least 1 year of experience in a relevant credit role
- You hold a diploma or degree in relevant field
- You have strong computer skills and experience with Microsoft Excel
- You are extremely organized and detail-‐‑oriented
- You have strong written and oral communication. Fluent in Luo and English for junior possession.
- Senior Loan Officers must be fluent in English and have willingness to learn Luo.
- You are able to travel to field by motorcycle
- You are fast-‐‑paced and efficient
- You have high level of integrity
- You are able to work independently in an unstructured environment where systems and processes are built everyday
You will work primarily out of our office at 30 Eden Road in Gulu. You will spend approximately 75% of your time in the field. Working hours are Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:30pm. Saturday hours are 9:00am to 2:00pm. We have the last Saturday of each month off.
This position will report directly to the Credit Manager.
Why work with BAP?
As a start‑up we are constantly growing which allows the opportunity of staff to grow with us. We offer professionaldevelopment stipends for employees to use at workshops or trainings of their choice.
At BAP, we are constantly seeking to build the best company. This means we take your feedback seriously and you can see your individual effort in improved procedures.