Manager of program quality
Application Deadline: 8 August 2018
How to apply: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV/resume and brief cover letter or e-mail introducing yourself with the subject line: Manager of Program Quality
Location: Kampala, Uganda with frequent travel
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
About the Company
Spark MicroGrants was founded in 2010 to prove community-driven development can be done at scale. Spark has designed a novel approach for launching communities facing poverty into action and has partnered with over 150 villages across Rwanda, Uganda, Burundi, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, and Ghana.
Spark is seeking a Manager of Program Quality to ensure high quality persists as partners scale the reach of the Spark process from 170 to 12,000 in the coming years. The Manager of Program Quality will facilitate the ongoing iteration on the Spark process, and provide training and quality assurance to partners, including coordinating a network for practitioners. The ideal candidate will bring experience in packaging processes for replication, as well as a passion for strengthening civic engagement
- Lead teams to conduct trainings for partners
- Ensure all partners are meeting quality standards and conduct quarterly organizational reviews for all partners, capturing learning to improve Spark’s services and ensuring responsiveness to partner needs
- Coordinate network of practitioners
- Facilitate annual review of core facilitation model and training methodology
- Support partners to adapt the core approach to their context and goals
- Coordinate program pilots, for example new grant structures, or facilitation approaches
- Oversee curriculum development of core facilitation and training guides
- Support development of context-specific adapted curricula
- Design additional tools to enhance trainings such as videos and visual aids
- Bachelor’s Degree, 5+ years experience in governance and community-led development.
- English fluency required and French desirable.
- Has led the creation, deployment and improvement of training materials for community-based organizations.
- Experience in replicating grassroots initiatives with deep belief in community-led change.
Spark team members are passionate about their vision to help create a world where everyone will live with dignity and define their own positive future. Spark’s values are what define them and shape the work that they do. Do you intrinsically feel aligned with the following values?
- Facilitators: Spark team members don’t impose; they enable others to generate impact.
- Community-driven: They are motivated by what is best for the community.
- Process-centered: The how of what they do is just as important as the what.
- Authentic: Their vision and values live in everything they do.
- Dynamic: Creatively adapt and learn.