Market Entry Specialist
Application Deadline: 5 April 2018
How to apply: Email email@example.com with your CV/resume and brief cover letter introducing yourself with the subject line: Market Entry Specialist
Location: Kampala, Uganda with frequent travel to the Lake Bunyonyi area of Uganda
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
About the Company
MeshPower is an exciting startup company developing and implementing innovative solutions to the problem of rural electrification. MeshPower develops and operates smart, remotely-monitored, solar-powered nanogrids. Through these nanogrids, MeshPower offers residential electricity services, it powers small factories, and provides internet access to rural villages.
MeshPower is currently seeking a talented individual to assess the Ugandan minigrid industry and develop, (and potentially execute), an appropriate market entry strategy. The role is a three-month full time position based out of Kampala, Uganda. The individual will be required to travel to Lake Bunyonyi for field research and network building. Your work will be co-located and coordinated with The Global Livingston Institute’s Kampala and Entusi-based staff, and the MeshPower Rwanda team. Dependent on the quality of work, there is a possibility of contract extension.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Summarise Uganda’s minigrid legislations
- Conduct in-depth site surveys around Lake Bunyonyi
- Create budget for Lake Bunyonyi pilot
- Write business plan for Meshpower UG
Key Qualifications & Skills:
- Proficient in both verbal and written English
- Organised and conscientious
- Proficient in using Excel spreadsheets, Microsoft Word, and E-mail
- Holder of a University degree
- Graduate of an MBA program
- Multiple years’ experience working in the private or public sector in East Africa
- Experience in the off-grid sector.
- Knowledge of solar electricity systems
Salary will be in-line with the candidate's level of experience.