MARKETING and SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER
Deadline: 13 October
How to apply: Email email@example.com with your CV/resume and brief email introducing yourself with the subject line: Marketing and Social Media Manager
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Start Date: October 2017
About the Company:
World Wild Ltd will be a revolutionary force in the coffee industry, disrupting the traditional business model by selling quality coffee from the birthplace of coffee directly to the end consumer world wide through a strong, rebellious and fun African brand.
World Wild Ltd will target the quality conscious consumer who is looking for products with a unique story that also offer increased benefits for the poor.
World Wild Ltd is a startup formed in Kampala. We are now looking to hire the first key members for our A Team, to help the company grow into a strong player in our industry. Our goal is to build one of the strongest brands in Africa.
The Marketing and Social Media Manager will be one of the most important members of our A Team. We are looking for a person with an entrepreneurial spirit, with a strong passion for coffee as well as for starting a new brand. The position offers the possibility of being in charge of building a strong brand from scratch.
The Marketing and Social Media Manager will manage World Wild Ltd’s online marketing presence, predominantly through social media platforms. World Wild Ltd is looking for a passionate and creative marketing expert to develop, execute, manage, measure and track a marketing strategy with a consistent and clear voice. He/she will build a large, engaged following on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and other social media platforms, develop original content and suggest creative ways to attract more customers and promote our brand.
A strong desire to push the boundaries in storytelling, branding and marketing will be essential, as well as a willingness to explore and learn new strategies in this field. Excellent written as well as visual skills/talents are an absolute must for this role.
- Develop an overall marketing and social media strategy for World Wild Ltd.
- Manage online brand and product campaigns to raise brand awareness.
- Build and execute the social media strategy, through content research, audience identification, bench marking, brand messaging and by conducting surveys.
- Establish the presence of socially-marketed products and services on the various online platforms and set up and continually improve on a strong sales funnel that leads to sales.
- Improve product marketability and profitability by researching, identifying, and capitalizing on market opportunities.
- Develop a timeline for generating and publishing content for various social media platforms.
- Stay up-to-date with changes in all social platforms ensuring maximum effectiveness.
- Train co-workers to use social media in a cohesive and beneficial way.
- Set up and optimize company pages on various platforms for the best visibility of the company’s social media content.
- Manage and improve the company website and webshop.
- Stay up-to-date on latest social media developments, consumer behaviors and trends; identify current and future opportunities and develop business cases, plans and proposals for implementing social media solutions.
Key requirements and skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Mass Communication, Media, Social Media, Journalism, Marketing ICT, or other related degree.
- Post graduate studies in marketing a plus.
- Working knowledge of social media engagements, and experience in working with community agro-based programs is an added advantage.
- 2 – 4 years’ experience in social media marketing and/or PR.
- Experience of developing strategies across social media and digital marketing areas.
- Experience using social media analytics tools and the ability to tweak marketing strategies based on findings.
- Creative skills for contributing new and innovative ideas.
- A playful, outgoing and highly social personality, able to create rebellious and experimental content that grabs the attention of our potential customers.
- Ability to create cutting-edge social media and digital marketing content.
- Writing, blogging and proofreading ability.
- Experience with social advertising platforms such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter & YouTube.
- Experience of managing website content.
- Multitasking and analytical skills.
- Prioritizing, time management and organizational skills.
- Relationship management skills and openness to feedback.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a great team player.
Compensation: Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience and level of expertise.