Monitoring & Evaluation Manager
Application Deadline: 16 August 2018
How to apply: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV/resume and brief cover letter or e-mail introducing yourself with the subject line: Monitoring & Evaluation Manager
Location: Kampala, Uganda or Musanze, Rwanda (with frequent travel to Spark’s offices in Uganda and Rwanda)
Start Date: September 2018
About the Company
Spark catalyzes rural villages facing poverty into action. Since its founding in 2010, Spark has developed and refined a Facilitated Collective Action Process (FCAP) which has been implemented in over 160 villages and proven highly successful at launching community-driven development projects and stimulating continued collective action. As we are growing, we are increasingly focusing on ensuring the quality and efficiency of data collection across the entire program that can help us measure our impact and make smart decisions about our programs.
As part of the Research, Evaluation, Learning and Monitoring (RELM) team, you will be responsible for managing all internal data collection, including ensuring quality and consistency in data collected across all Spark programs; piloting new methods to improve the quality and efficiency of data collected; and performing regular reviews of Spark’s databases to ensure completeness and identify gaps. You will directly manage three RELM Assistants, including frequent visits to field offices in Uganda and Rwanda, and will work closely with the RELM Lead and the M&E Officer to implement Spark’s M&E system for decision-making and organizational learning.
Spark team members are passionate about our vision to help create a world where everyone will live with dignity and define their own positive future. At Spark our values are what define us and shape the work that we do. Our values are:
- Facilitators. We don’t impose; we enable others to generate impact.
- Community-driven. We are motivated by what is best for the community.
- Process-centered. The how of what we do is just as important as the what.
- Authentic. Our vision and values live in everything we do.
- Dynamic. We seek opportunities and are willing to take risks to serve our community partners better.
- Manage Spark’s internal data collection, which will require frequent travel to field offices in Uganda (Gulu and Mbale) and Rwanda (Musanze) to provide on-site management support and capacity building to RELM Assistants
- Work with RELM assistants to ensure quality and consistency in all data collected internally
- Ensure internal data is collected through robust methods, and provide recommendations to improve data collection methods
- Regularly review Spark's internal data systems to ensure completeness, identify gaps, and provide recommendations to ensure all data is collected and stored in the appropriate databases
- Support the refining and development of Spark’s M&E system and contribute to the larger RELM strategy
Key Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred
- At least 3 years of management experience
- At least 2 years of previous work experience in monitoring and evaluation, including designing and implementing data collection plans in rural settings using a variety of methods
- Demonstrated experience with data quality assessments and audits
- Skills in qualitative and quantitative analysis preferred