operations Innovation Associate
Application Deadline: 14 December 2017
How to apply: Email email@example.com with your CV/resume and brief cover letter or email introducing yourself with the subject line: Operations Innovation Associate
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Start Date: January 2018
About the Company
Motorcycle taxis are immensely popular and serve as the lifeblood of many cities in Africa, but they are extremely unsafe and disorganized. SafeBoda is a Ugandan-based startup on a mission to make motorcycle taxis (bodas) more safe, affordable, and convenient across Sub-Saharan Africa-while providing a more meaningful and lucrative career for drivers. SafeBoda is well off to the races: we have nailed the driver-side model with 1000+ drivers and we are looking to better monetize our 20,000 trips in Kampala per day. We now are at over 15% week-on-week growth on our mobile app in terms of completed rides.
About the Position
The Operations team is at the heart of SafeBoda and are responsible for ensuring SafeBoda rapidly grows its driver community to improve boda transportation in Kampala forever. We are looking for an Operations Innovation Associate to enable us to hire, retain, support performance, and grow the income of drivers. We are looking for a motivated, ambitious, highly intelligent individual to join this team.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead innovation within the Driver Team at SafeBoda - this could be identifying recruitment strategy, creating Driver incentive programmes or streamlining and improving processes across operations.
- Analyzing performance metrics data and using it to identify ways to improve the performance of our drivers and the efficiency of the Operations team.
- Developing and implementing a range of special and high impact projects across various functions of the Driver team.
- Working with a team of ex-boda drivers to design and innovate on services.
- Have 4+ years of experience in operations, business development, or equivalent consulting experience. Management experience preferred.
- Ability to solve complex problems and manage crises calmly.
- Ability to find creative solutions to cultural and technological challenges.
- Be emotionally intelligent, humble and excited to work within a team with a diverse set of experiences and skills.
- Possess strong data analysis skills - be confident using Excel to collect, analyze and present sets of data. Be comfortable presenting to Senior stakeholders.
- Exhibit the ability to navigate ambiguity, juggle multiple tasks, think independently and problem solve like a boss.
- At a minimum strong undergraduate degree with demonstrated strong academic performance.
- Excitement for SafeBoda and what we are trying to achieve in sustainable urban transportation in Africa.