Application Deadline: 9 February 2018
How to apply: Email email@example.com with your CV/resume and brief cover letter or email introducing yourself with the subject line: Product Manager
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
About the Company
Spark MicroGrants was founded in 2010 to prove community-driven development can be done at scale. Spark has designed a novel approach for launching communities facing poverty into action and has partnered with over 150 villages across Rwanda, Uganda, Burundi, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, and Ghana. Of the village projects backed by Spark, 94 percent are sustaining, 77 percent have launched secondary projects independently of Spark and 90 percent have continued to host regular community meetings where they discuss important topics, such as land disputes and new initiatives. These metrics indicate Spark partner communities graduate from the process with a commitment to continued local change.
Spark MicroGrants is looking for an analytical, data and technology-driven individual with experience in the NGO sector or other-technology-based industries to join its team in Kampala, Uganda.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
The Product Manager reports to the Strategy Director and is responsible for the following:
- Scope and define Spark’s product and technology needs – based on internal demands and external opportunities.
- Manage a team of volunteer coders and external contractors to meet Spark’s needs.
- Gather team and user feedback to make refinements and define further needs.
- Test and troubleshoot products to prevent/resolve user-facing issues.
Key Qualifications and Experience
- Significant experience in user-led design processes and user acceptance and compliance testing.
- Understanding of deploying technology solutions in contexts of limited connectivity, infrastructure and digital literacy.
- Experience in and preference for agile approaches to product development and project management.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s preferable), 5+ years experience, English fluency required and French desirable.
- Starts modest, but pays a meaningful salary for long-term placement.