Sales Team Leader
Application Deadline: 15 June 2018
How to apply: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV/resume and brief cover letter or e-mail introducing yourself with the subject line: Sales Team Leader
Location: Field-based position in Uganda
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
About the Company
SPOUTS is a rapidly growing, early-revenue-stage social enterprise that manufactures and distributes ceramic water filters in Uganda and in East Africa with a team of over 40 employees.
The Sales Team Leader reports to the SPOUTS Sales and Marketing Director. The Sales Team Leader is responsible for managing a team of Sales Officers and works in close liaison with the Sales Team Assistant. As well as managing a small team of sales staff as part of the D2C program, the Sales Team Leader is responsible for the planning, implementation and management of activities in order to achieve monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets to ensure the success of SPOUTS as a sustainable social enterprise. The Sales Team Leader works an average of 120 hours over three weeks. Weekend and evening work may be required. Some travel will be required between the SPOUTS head office on Stensera Road, the factory at Nakawuka and other parts of Uganda in response to the demands of the sales and marketing program.
1. Lead, implement and maintain a team of Sales Officers in the Direct to Consumer (D2C) sales program to grow sales, ensure sustainability and maintain high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Propose and implement innovative approaches to improve sales and profitability outcomes.
- Anticipate problems and new trends which may affect the sales program and make recommendations for change.
- Act as the direct liaison between the sales team and the rest of the organization; advocate for needs and requests of the sales team to the S&M Director as well as other relevant SPOUTS staff.
2. Develop, coordinate and maintain effective and efficient systems and processes tailored to SPOUTS’ needs.
- Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets as determined by Spouts from time to time.
- Work with sales teams to collect and review accurate daily, weekly, and monthly data from the field.
- Regularly review outcomes to assess performance and implement improvements.
- Regulate practices and ensure that SPOUTS meets legislative and internal operating compliance requirements.
- Apply Spouts’ information technology systems to deliver quality outcomes in relation to filter sales.
- Prepare accurate reports on Key Performance Indicators (sales, awareness, etc.) in line with the SPOUTS’ reporting schedules.
3. Undertake employee management in order to deliver quality performance outcomes.
- Manage the sales teams and foster their growth through direct supervision, training, and motivation programs.
- Appropriately and effectively delegate responsibility.
- Undertake management of employees where there is a direct reporting relationship and ensure there is a mechanism in place to monitor individual performance, assess progress and provide feedback to support individual development.
- Coach and develop the skills of employees to facilitate responsiveness as the organisation grows and develops.
4. Demonstrate corporate responsibility
- Always act in a manner consistent with SPOUTS’ values.
- Comply with the SPOUTS’ standards of conduct and all applicable policies and legislation.
Within the context of the main responsibilities and accountabilities of the role, the employee is expected to demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Experience managing a team to meet specified sales targets.
- Applies broad-based knowledge to manage projects, account for resources and ensure compliance with relevant legislation and standards.
- A successful track record in setting priorities, managing work demands and evaluating progress while remaining responsive to changing priorities.
- Works autonomously, delegating appropriately to manage workload.
- Uses initiative to develop new approaches and to encourage high performance outcomes.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Commitment to training staff to maximize individual and organization goals.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of SPOUTS.
- Works well in a multi-functional and multi-cultural team
- High attention to detail and experience working with and compiling data.
- Fully proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
Qualifications & Experience
- Proven experience working with sales programs and working to achieve sales targets, particularly in a multicultural setting.
- A qualification relevant to the work of Sales Team Leader will be highly regarded but is not essential.
- High level of competence in spoken and written English language skills.
- Competent in spoken Luganda language.