Urban Retail Manager
Application Deadline: 30 June 2018
How to apply: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV/resume and brief cover letter or e-mail introducing yourself with the subject line: Urban Retail Manager
Location: Rubavu District, Rwanda
Start Date: July 2018
About the Company
Inyenyeri is a high-growth energy start-up, dedicated to eliminating household air pollution and reversing the national wood deficit in Rwanda. Inyenyeri utilizes an innovative business model to provide the world’s cleanest solid biomass cook-stoves and fuel pellets to its customers at affordable monthly prices. Inyenyeri works in four districts in Rwanda. Headquartered in Kigali, with an office in Rubavu and a project in Kigeme refugee camp, Inyenyeri currently has over 110 employees and plans to rapidly expand its team as it scales the business model across Rwanda.
Inyenyeri plans to scale rapidly and intends to reach a national, and eventually international, customer base. The Urban Retail Manager will lead every aspect of the day to day supervision of retail team.
This individual will report to Urban Field Operations Manager. Responsibilities include:
- Work with Urban Field Operations Manager to develop monthly budgets and control operating costs for stores.
- Monitor and maintain inventory levels to ensure availability of stoves and pellets by performing stock count on a daily basis.
- Supervise, coach, and provide on-the-job training to Retail Associates.
- Appraise job performance of Retail Associates against company targets.
- Support recruitment of new Retail Associates as necessary.
- Schedule Retail Associate’s shifts for seamless customer service experience.
- Support development and adherence to proper cash management procedures and electronic billing machine reporting.
- Ensure proper record-keeping at store level.
- Ensure that the Retail Associates capture accurate customer and sales data.
- Ensure the accuracy between the cash deposited of pellets sold and the pellet stock remaining.
- Report to the Urban Retail Manager on a daily basis.
- Conduct retail team meetings with the purpose to improve performance.
- Collect cash from all urban shops and deposit at the bank.
- Set KPIs for retail team.
- Support senior management in tactical decisions involving pricing, promotions, and marketing.
- 3+ years of experience in retail business. Management experience preferred.
- Leadership experience and team management skills.
- Must pay excellent attention to detail.
- Must possess excellent computer skills.
- Must be a good listener.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Spoken and written fluency in Kinyarwanda and English.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office and Google Apps such as Gmail and Google Drive.
- Highly organized, pays attention to details and efficient in time management.
- Experience working in multinational office environments preferred.
- Ambition to grow professionally in fast-moving work environment.
- BA/BS in Business Administration or related field
Key Skills & Characteristics
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modeling Inyenyeri’s values.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals, takes responsibility for own personal development.
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to; builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, members and external partners and supporters.
- Values diversity and different people’s perspectives, able to work cross-culturally.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency.
- Widely shares personal vision for Inyenyeri, engages and motivates others.