VIdeo & Photography creator
Application Deadline: 16 October 2017
How to apply: Email email@example.com with your CV/resume and brief email introducing yourself with the subject line: Video & Photography Creator
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
About World Wild Limited:
World Wild Ltd will be a revolutionary force in the coffee industry, disrupting the traditional business model by selling quality coffee from the birthplace of coffee directly to the end consumer world wide through a strong, rebellious and fun African brand.
World Wild Ltd will target the quality conscious consumer who is looking for products with a unique story that also offer increased benefits for the poor.
World Wild Ltd is a startup formed in Kampala. We are now looking to hire the first key members for our A Team, to help the company grow into a strong player in our industry. Our goal is to build one of the strongest brands in Africa.
The Videography & Photography Creator will be responsible for producing most of our visual communication material, to be shared frequently on all our marketing and communication channels.
The position offers a great opportunity for a creative person to develop their art and share their work to a global audience. A strong passion for and distinct talents in photography and film making will be valued higher than a formal education.
The Videography & Photography Creator will work closely with our Marketing and Social Media Manager, together they will be our brand’s main storytellers.
- Managing online brand and product campaigns to raise brand awareness.
- Create engaging text, image and video content.
- Design posts to sustain readers’ curiosity and create buzz around new products.
- Creating high quality photography and films to be used for marketing and social media.
- Being able to deliver quality work rapidly and frequently.
- Keep updating our online media channels with new postings according to our communication schedule.
- Documenting the activities World Wild Ltd participate in, as well as the behind-the-scenes challenges and victories of an African startup.
- Keeping up to date and exploring new developments in the tools of the trade, being it hardware or software, as well as new directions and options in visual storytelling.
- Responsibility for keeping a rich and well organized archive of our photographic and videography elements.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- The applicant should preferably hold a Degree or Diploma in photography/filmmaking or related discipline. But proof of talent and passion, in the form of work samples, will trump any formal education.
- Experience from an active creative/communication/marketing environment.
- Excellent knowledge and skills in photography, videography and editing.
- Strong written, presentation and communication skills.
- Being able to deliver on agreed targets within immense pressure.
- Proven working experience in social media marketing or as a digital media specialist.
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social media analytics tools knowledge.
- Having a positive attitude, with good multitasking skills and organizational ability.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a great team player.
Compensation & Benefit Package: Compensation will be commensurate with experience level and expertise.